Friday, May 30, 2014

BANNERS ABOUND

So this week my work mate Kaydee is celebrating her birthday and of corse why buy a card when one can be made then I saw that one of my favorite challenge blog sites City Crafter Challenge was having a birthday banner challenge and I figured what a fun inspiration! So I took that challenge and with help from Gecko Galz and Opticillusions I created this charming little fairy card for Kaydee.


So for this card I used the Free gift collage sheet "Butterfly Girls" (you get it when you make a purchase at Gecko Galz this month) and the party hat and cup cake from the "birthday bash" collection, also I got the banners from Opticillusions "The Measure of Time" pack. The paper is Graphics 45 and a paper doilie by wilton and added some Ranger Icecicles for bling.

I also did a great mermaid card for my friend Julie who loves mermaids and this time I used the banner as a decoration rather than the usual banners.


So for this card I used another Gecko Galz Image for the "Nouveau" collage sheet along with GCD papers, vintage pearl buttons, May Arts ribbon and paper banners.

So I thought it might be fun to share one of my favorite banners and you can go forth create an amazing card or other project and enter the City Crafters challenge yourself!


And here is the link to the challenge group



Happy Crafting Everyone!
Leanne





9 comments:

  1. Beautifully crafted cards Leanne and thank you for sharing the banner collage sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your girl is seated on the doily with the banner beneath. It's unique and fun! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #8: Metal or Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fairy you created and your layering of her. WOnderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete