Monday, March 5, 2012

Feeling Lucky...how about a little Irish

Hi everyone

Well it is almost time to drag out the green outfit wander into your favorite Irish pub and regale everyone with stories of St patty's days past. If you are like me I love St. Patricks day...it's not just because you have a reason to drink green ale...or that it incorporates mone of my favorite colors but I think there is something just a little magical to this holiday!
So I created a little coaster book that I wanted to share with you...this is a great way to give your favorite bar tender or friend a little something to wish them a happy and green filled day!

To create the cover I covered one of my black coasters with a cut down shipping tag that I embossed using my cuddle bug. I also used Gecko Galz "Luck O The Irish" images to decorate the mini book. Using Shabby Shutters ink and my ink blending tool I brushed green over the embossed tag.

On the inside I used Bo Bunny's Green Glitter dot paper and Mark Richards Gem strips. For the tag I cut out a tag out of metal sheeting and embossed using the same embossing folder I used on the tag then Alcohol inked the tag with Lettuce green and Pesto green alcohol inks. I used vellum to create the pocket and a bit of vintage trim.

For these two pages I still used the Bo Bunny Paper and added small vellum envelope with green wooden buttons that help keep the flap down.

And this is basicallylike the pages above but I used larger wooden buttons rather than the bling strip. The flowers I used in the book are prima "Got Flowers" in green

And nothing finishes off a book better than wonderful ribbon and a bit of stickles on my images!

So what I would like to do is share some fun little St. Patty's images for you to have and create your own wonderful works with!








Have a happy St Patricks Day and an even better today!
Leanne

4 comments:

  1. cute mini, LeeAnne! You know what I am doing with your images? I am adhering them to 1/8" craft wood, use my crop o dile to punch holes and install eyelets, and hang from ribbon~ WIth a dab of Stickles on the shamrocks, they make darling ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leeanne, I have a bunch of coasters waiting to be used. What a cute idea making it into a book.
    Thanks for the images and I can't wait to do some designing. I may just be using parts of these images for a tiny project and I mean tiny. I will send you a pic.
    Take care and don't forget to kiss the Blarney Stone too. LOL
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. the coaster book is darling! thanks for the freebies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Leanne! Love all your images!! Thank you for the freebies11

    Hugs..and Happy St. Patrick's day!!

    ReplyDelete